How many of us have made a trip to the doctor because of infertility issues only to come back feeling like it was a waste of money…Infertility is often a complex problem with a simple solution.
There are so many factors that can cause or contribute to infertility,e.g (hormone imbalance, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Endometriosis, Anovulatory Cycles, physical blockage, inadequate hormone production, short luteal phase, lack of lutenizing hormone, high levels or prolactin etc.) which is why treatment is rarely as effective… it simply can’t address all the possible causes. Fertility drugs and artificial hormones of any kind, including birth control, can make underlying problems even worse and make future fertility more difficult (this is sad, because hormonal birth control is often prescribed for various hormonal imbalances and problems).
I believe there is more you could do yourself to try reverse your issues naturally .
The great news is that dietary and lifestyle changes can make a tremendous difference in fertility, and often help with other issues.The body simply will not allow conception to occur or a pregnancy to continue if it doesn’t have the basic foundation it needs to sustain a pregnancy.
- Your body can’t make the hormones it needs without proteins and fats, and often this factor alone can prevent conception. The right protein will be obtained from grass fed organic meat ,eggs and nuts.
- Healthy fats are coconut oil,olive oil and are also obtained from nuts and avocados.
- Also eat lots of raw green leafy vegetables and dairy products.
- Lifestyle changes-
- Exercise more
- Sleep more -its all about the quality of sleep not quantity
- Limit stress
- Check if any medication you are on could impair conception.
- Lastly take natural supplements
By taking a holistic approach and tailoring remedies to your individual condition you are able to treat those specific physical conditions. Natural remedies are also able to better male fertility by improving sperm count and motility.
As with any form of medical intervention – alternative or otherwise – there is no guarantee that holistic treatment will help you to become pregnant. However, there is a growing body of evidence that suggests that natural remedies can be successfully used to treat issues affecting fertility.
I’m going to share a few natural homeopathic supplements/herbs that i found very effective in improving your fertility naturally. These herbs can easily be purchased at your local health store .inbox me if you need assistance finding one. You could also find them in pill form in some pharmacies like Dischem .
- my favourite is RASPBERRY LEAF TEA -A well know fertility herb that is also good during pregnancy. It has a high nutrient profile and is especially high in calcium and is a uterine tonic. i prefer it in herb form and drink it like a tea with honey but you could take it in pill form .
- Fax seed oil-this can be found as oil/ capsules and is great for promoting fertility.
- Cinnamon and honey-just a teaspoon of that a day helps make your cervical mucus fertile -the same way it helps when you have a runny nose or a cold
- Nettle leaf-Has a very high mineral content. It contains lots of chlorophyll and is nourishing to the adrenals and kidneys. It helps reduce stress and is a powerful uterine tonic. Once pregnant, it is great for getting enough nutrients during pregnancy and has a high vitamin K content to prevent hemorrhage. I add nettle leaf to a tea that I drink before and during pregnancy.
- Maca powder-A hormone balancing herb that is known throughout the world for its fertility and vitality promoting properties. Good for both men and women to increase fertility, though women should only take between menses and ovulation and discontinue to make sure it is not taken during pregnancy.
- Folic acid-Folic acid is well known as a necessary vitamin in early pregnancy to prevent complications, but it is most beneficial when taken for several month before the pregnancy as well as during. It helps cell division and promotes ovulation. It can be found in capsules and you can also eat foods rich in folic acid .
- Zinc-Very important for cell division including sperm production and ovulation.
IMPORTANT: Do not take any of these herbs in combination with fertility drugs, hormone treatments, or hormonal birth control! As with any herbs, supplements, or medication, consult a doctor/health care professional and do your own research about your specific case .